There’s a fellow blogger, Ryan Lanz, who has sometimes featured my RSG posts on his popular writing blog, A Writer’s Path. I wanted to bring your attention to his new initiative: A Writer’s Path Writers Club.
He noticed a number of problems that writers tend to struggle with, that aren’t adequately addressed in other groups or forums:
- It’s hard to find reviewers for my book
- Writing-related service providers (editors, book cover designers, etc.) are expensive
- I don’t know if my writing is good enough and I need feedback
- I need more promotion for my book
- I don’t know if my blurb or summary is good enough
- Not enough readers know my book exists
- I don’t know enough about what other successful authors have done to be successful
- I don’t know if my book cover encourages readers to purchase it
So he put together the Writers Club to help writers solve these problems. Here’s the full list of benefits for members:
- Discounts from writer-related service providers, such as editors, book cover designers, proofreading services, ghostwriters, social media marketing, book advertising, template design, audio book narration, and more.
- Contests and giveaways for free services and books.
- 2 free book promotion posts on A Writer’s Path blog every year (example here). Every post generates a social media shout-out of your book to my Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, Tumblr, and Google+ account (total of 12,900 followers). He’ll set reminders for himself to notify you when your next post is ready.
- Exclusive articles not seen on the A Writer’s Path blog.
- Access to free blurb coaching.
- “Book of the Month” lottery. Winner gets their book featured for a month on A Writer’s Path blog in a tab along the top of every page/post. Also included is a promotional post featuring their book, summary, cover, and purchase links to all 25,000+ subscribers. One drawing per month.
- Help to find you reviewers and critique partners (optional).
- A free copy of his eBook, The Idea Factory: 1,000 Story Ideas & Writing Prompts to Find Your Next Bestseller. ($2.99 value)
- Free critique of your book summaries and book covers (optional).
- Insider tips from published authors in short, bite-sized articles.
- Links to free books normally at full price.
- Opportunities to show off your book to the other members.
- Exclusive author interviews.
This all sounds pretty awesome to me! He plans on sharing some of my posts with the Writers Club as well. If this sounds like something that would be helpful to you, you can check it out here.
I’ll be back with more original posts and Rejection Survivor Interviews soon. In the meantime, if you miss me, you can check out all the stuff I’ve been posting about my recently released novel, By Light of Hidden Candles, on my author blog and Facebook page! (For example, I just did my first FB Live session doing some reading and discussing themes from the book. It was a little terrifying but it went really well and I made this 5-minute summary video, where you can see–among other things–me demonstrating the panic that sets in when someone asks you what your book is about, and giving my thoughts on the complicated question of “How much of [work of fiction] is autobiographical?”)