I’m Daniella Levy, and there are two questions I hate having to answer: “What do you do?” and “Where are you from?”
But here, just for you:
What I Do
- I write All the Things! Books, articles, stories, poetry, content, marketing copy, blogs, you name it. I’m the author of By Light of Hidden Candles (Kasva Press, 2017) and Letters to Josep: An Introduction to Judaism (Guiding Light Press, 2016), and I’ve been published in popular and literary magazines as well as various online platforms. More on my writing here.
- I translate materials from Hebrew to English, from literature to content and marketing. More on that here.
- I teach empowerment self-defense. More on that here.
- I offer religious premarital counseling to Jewish brides. More on that here.
- Dishes. Lots of dishes. More of that at my kitchen sink. Bring your own sponge.
Where I’m From
I was born in NY, but the first home I remember was in Pittsburgh. I immigrated to Israel with my family as a child, and currently live at the edge of the Judean Desert with my husband, tour guide Rabbi Eitan Levy, and our three little boys.
Well, you may be wondering, what would I rather be asked? How about this:
What I Love
- My family and friends
- Judaism and the Torah (I’m an Orthodox Jew)
- Writing and reading
- History, particularly Jewish history, and particularly particularly Spanish Jewish history
- Languages (I’m fluent in Hebrew and English, obviously, but also more or less literate in Spanish and French)